Can You Recycle Plastic Type 5?
Yes Plastic Type 5 can be recycled. It is used in a whole host of applications for both domestic and industrial purposes. Widely collected and recycled in the UK. PP one of the most commonly recycled plastic types in the UK .
What Is Plastic Type 5?
Common Abbreviations: PP, PPN, PPC, PPH
Common Uses: Automtoive parts, multi use food containers, strapping, carpet, FIBC’s, tote boxes, margarine tubs.
Polypropylene is one of the most versatile polymers going. roducts manufactured from PP are as diverse as kitchen utensils, buckets, sports clothing, carpets, car batteries, garden furniture. In fact, PP is found in just about every market sector that uses plastics.
Characteristics of Polypropylene:
- It has a high melting point, so can be used for microwaveable containers;
- It doesn’t react with water, detergents, acids, or bases, so it won’t break down easily;
- It’s resistant to cracking and stress, even when flexed, so it’s used in lots of hinges;
- It’s quite durable, so it withstands daily wear and tear.
- can be modified easily to with production additives to improve its physical properties
Do You Collect Plastic Type 5 for Recycling?
Yes we collect plastic type 5 for recycling but we do not collect from private households.
We collect only from Materials Recovery Facilities (MRF) and other industrial locations with quantities over 5 tonnes available.
If you are enquiring from an MRF or industrial location with industrial quantities of plastic type 5 available for collection, then we want to hear from you.
Please complete our quotation form below and one of the team will be in touch with you shortly.