What Plastics Can You Recycle?
How Many Different Plastic Types Are ThereSo what plastics can you recycle? – In general Storm Recycling Ltd will buy and /or facilitate the recycling of any thermoplastic polymer or rubber.
What Are Thermoplastic Materials?
A thermoplastic material is one which softens into a molten state when heated and hardens again when cooled.
Thermoplastic plastics and rubbers can be re-melted and cooled time after time again without undergoing any appreciable chemical change.
By undergoing a heat process thermoplastics can be recycled into raw materials with physical properties similar to those of the original “Prime” polymer material and can be re-formed into new products via a variety of heat based moulding processes such as extrusion, thermoforming, injection moulding and rotational moulding.
Which Polymers Do You Recycle?
There are certain polymer types which are more attractive to Storm Recycling commercially, because they are more widely recycled. BUT we will endeavour to find a home for any thermoplastic polymers, plastics or rubbers that you have available for sale or disposal (subject to there being commercially viable quantities).
What plastics can you recycle? All of these …
- Polypropylene (PP; PPN; PP-C; PP-H)
- Polyethylene (PELLD, PELD, PEMD, PEHD, PEHMW)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Polyamide / Nylon (PA, PA6, PA66, PA12 etc.)
- Polyoxymethylene / Acetal (POM)
- Polymethyl Methacrylate / Acrylic (PMMA)
- Polystyrene (PS, HIPS, GPPS)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyethylene Terepthalate (PET, APET, PET-C, PET-G)
- Polybutylene Terepthalate (PBT)
For a more in depth list of thermoplastic plastics and rubbers see our list of different plastic types.
If you are unsure whether we can help please use the contact form on this page to ask a question OR request a quotation.
Several of the plastic groups above are available for use into different types of thermoplastic processing such as sheet or film extrusion, injection moulding, blow moulding, rotational moulding.
We handle all plastics in all forms so whether you have products in scrap form (ie. their original moulded form or waste from a production process, in a size reduced form such as shred or regrind (granulate) or pellet (compound) form, we can help.
What Plastics Can You Recycle – Products?
Some of the most common plastic items that we are asked to recycle are shown in the list below. The most common plastic types for these items to be manufactured from are shown in brackets:-
- Baled film / shrinkwrap / bubblewrap (PELLD; PELD; PP; PVC; PET)
- Film on the reel (PELLD; PELD; PP; PVC; PET)
- Bottle crates (PEHD, PP)
- Plastic pallets (PEHD, PP)
- Plastic strapping (PP, PET, PA)
- Tiewraps (PA)
- Baled bottles (PEHD, PET)
- Coat hangers (PS)
- Fishboxes (EPS – Expanded Polystyrene)
- Electrical packaging (EPS – Expanded Polystyrene)
- Car bumpers (PP)
- Seed trays (PS)
- Plant pots (PS; PP)
- Food trays (PS; PP; PET; PVC)
- Bottle caps (PEHD, PP)
- CDs and DVDs (PC)
- Plastic pipes (PEMD; PEHD; PP; PVC)
Plastics are so prevalent in our life these days that this is obviously not an exhaustive list.
Again if you want to know if we can recycle your plastic waste then please ask the queston via the enquiry form on this page or get a quote.
If you like this page and think your friends may do too, please share on your social media outlet of choice using the buttons or leave a comment below.
… or leave a comment on Facebook here.